We understand how frustrating it can feel to be given the runaround by the conventional mental health system. It can feel like you’re being passed around by busy professionals who mean well but don’t have time to truly get to know you and understand your situation.
We offer a carefully curated balance of Eastern and Western therapies, combining the very best of holistic treatments that date back thousands of years, with evidence-based practices.
- Reiki/Biofield Therapy is an ancient Japanese healing technique designed to alleviate a number of ailments including stress. It promotes healing on all levels (mind, body, and spirit) and is great for maintaining optimal health. The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words: Rei for “higher power” and Ki for “life force energy.” Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of mind, body, and spiritual healing. It usually involves the practitioner placing their hands on the recipient’s body in various locations. Distance (no-touch) method can also be used. As a type of therapeutic touch, Reiki does not require any adherence to a specific religion or faith. I compare Reiki to Feng Shui. Feng Shui deals with the energy flow in an environment, Reiki deals with the energy flow within the body. Reiki awakens or facilitates the healing energy that is already within YOU.
- Craniosacral Therapy is based on the theory that cerebrospinal fluid ebbs and flows within the membrane around the brain and spinal cord, increasing or decreasing pressure on the cranium in the process. For some individuals, whether through illness or injury, the cranio-sacral rhythmic flow may be disrupted or impeded, resulting in chronic pain, discomfort or ailments such as recurring ear and sinus infections. Through this gentle therapy, our Practitioners apply very light movements to the skull, neck, and shoulder to mobilize the cranio-sacral rhythmic flow of fluid. By doing so, it can help increase relaxation and improve circulation in order to promote positive healing effects throughout your body.
- Yoga Therapy (asana and ethics) is a self-empowering process, where the care-seeker, with the help of our Yoga therapist, implements a personalized and evolving Yoga practice, that not only addresses the illness in a multi-dimensional manner, but also aims to alleviate suffering in a progressive, non-invasive and complementary manner. Depending upon the nature of the illness, Yoga therapy can not only be preventative or curative, but also serve a means to manage the illness, or facilitate healing in a person at all levels.
- Mindfulness training is available to us at any moment but training our bodies and minds to practice mindfulness is a whole other story. Like any skill, mindfulness takes practice. Mindfulness training is about dedicating yourself to the practice of mindfulness, wherever, whenever you can. We dive into all there is to know about mindfulness training, from what it involves and how it works to the ways in which it can benefit those who suffer from anxiety and chronic pain. We use EEG brain mapping to monitor the brain and bodies progress.
- Nutrition is a critical part of our health and survival. It can also be a complicated science when trying to understand its relationship to healthy eating. Our approach to nutrition counseling simplifies these complexities so that you can incorporate food that is good for you. According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, nutrition counseling is a supportive process to set priorities, establish goals, and create individualized action plans which acknowledge and foster responsibility for self-care. Nutrition counseling is one part of the equation to improve your health by maintaining balance, variety, and moderation with the foods you eat.